Monday, March 24, 2014

There Is No Music In War~There Is A Symphony In Heaven

"Music is a moral law. It gives soul to the universe, wings to the mind, flight to the imagination, and charm and gaiety to life and to everything", Plato.

I was asked the other day, "Is there Rock N Roll in heaven?" That got me thinking about my childhood and the war games we played as kids. Influenced by movies we always went into our childhood battles humming some sort of tune because every Hollywood battle was accompanied by music. It was not until years later, as a young adult, that I found out that there is 'no music in war'. There are only the loud discordance of sounds accompanied by other sounds we should never hear.



Upon entering Heaven, if I will be so lucky, I picture hearing a myriad of music. Both familiar and strange but all pleasant and relaxing. What I hear may not be what you hear. We all had different tastes for music in life and I think in heaven we will hear what we like but also we will hear what God likes. I think that, as much as God hates our human deficiencies and short comings, He likes our creative abilities. Music is the runway into Heaven's airport.

The Arts are what keeps all civilizations and peoples inexplicably tied together. We absorb each others music and art. We meld our creative endeavors with those of others to advance all Art forms. Without the Arts we would be dull colorless beings wandering about without feelings or emotions. A society of flesh and blood robots repelling feelings and emotions like a rain coat repels water. A Fahrenheit 451 life in nondescript gray suits that do not differentiate man from woman.

Yes there is Rock N Roll in heaven and every other kind of music. I picture myself entering to 'Somewhere Over The Rainbow' and later, while relaxing in Saint Peter's Lounge with a glass of Heavenly Beer, listening to Elvis and smiling.

"One good thing about music, when it hits you, you feel no pain", Bob Marley.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment