Thursday, March 20, 2014

Dogs Have Owners, Cats Have Staff

"Cat's motto: No matter what you've done wrong, always try to make it look like the dog did it."

 That describes the cat that has moved into my house and has tried to take over my life. For the past 15 months I have been house sitting for an old friend. The house came with one plant, that I was informed I could let die because it belonged to her ex, and one cat that I was to keep alive. What I was not told was that the cat was in charge.

The cat's name is Tigger but is called The T Man. He has a strut to go along with that name.

 This is what everyone sees when they visit me. A calm, cute kitty waiting to be pet.
 
 
This is what I see when those same people go home. A cat with a God complex.
 
He spends most of his time outside eating, sleeping and screwing. An animal with everything, lol. I have seen him fight a Doberman and a possum for his food; and win.
 
When he is in the house he has one favorite place to lay down, a blanket placed on top of the couch by my Second Life partner. There he will stay as long as I am awake.
 
The second I fall asleep he creeps over and snuggles up to me. I have gotten use to that.

 
It's funny, there is little I feel bad about leaving behind in this house next month. Except that stupid cat. I can not take him and I will miss him.
 
Cats know how to finagle their way into our hearts.  This one certainly has managed that with me. When I first moved into the house I would not even let him come in.  That did not last long. I even started buying him a better brand of food. The little bastard won me over.
 
So I am heading out with both the cat and that plant in good shape. I guess my work is done, lol.
 
Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment