Wednesday, March 5, 2014

The Long Middle Finger~Creation Or Evolution~I Am Waving It

I have wondered why the middle finger is longer than the others. Creationists would say that 'it's Gods plan'. While evolutionists might say that the hand started out as a web which is longer in the middle there by causing the web to evolve into a hand with a longer finger.

"Giving someone "the finger" is one of the basest violations in modern culture, but its origins date back over 2500 years. The first written record of the insult occurred in ancient Greece, where the playwright Aristophanes (the Adam Sandler of his day) made a crude joke mixing up the middle finger and the penis. Even back then, the bird was considered an aggressive, phallic put-down", ooze.com.

Flashing the middle finger has travelled from culture to culture for centuries.


Personally I think this graphic sums my feelings up nicely. An efficient way to express how I feel about a plethora of subjects I am facing at the moment.

I was just told, by a very intelligent woman, to get all this doom and gloom out of my system. So here it comes like a cat leaving a vomit trail across your favorite white carpet.

Ones life should be judged by loading good deeds and bad deeds on a scale looking for that scale to balance. By analyzing the choices you have made, both good and bad, and seeing how you might have done better.

In truth the weighing of good deeds against bad is like weighing feathers against rocks with good being the feathers. A person has to possess many more feathers than rocks to achieve a balanced scale.

It seems that the mistakes of my youth will never balance with the good life I have tried to lead in later years. I do not ask for much out of life. Some kind of roof over my head, simple food and a sense of just being alright. I am on the verge of not even achieving those simple goals.

I am told that I need to have faith in God and the He will provide. There are few that have a stronger faith in God than I do. I may not worship the popular way but God requires belief and devotion toward Himself not in buildings and not through the voice of some proxy.

My daily meditations and conversations with God have kept my faith strong even though it has been shaken by circumstance.

I am told that a person can not wait for something good to happen but rather go out and cause something good to happen. I have tried for many years to do all the things that I believed are required of a person in our society. At every turn I have been slapped back into mediocrity to the point that I can barely stand on my own two feet.

I am a simple man with simple needs. My last few years have been lived monk like and finding out that I need few luxuries.

There are some who will read this that will conclude that I am feeling sorry for myself. And maybe I am but in my way of thinking I am the only one that has the right to feel sorry for me. I am independent and even at times of apathy my feelings are mine and Gods to deal with.

"If you remove the yoke from your midst, the pointing of the finger, and speaking wickedness, and if you give yourself to the hungry, and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then your light will rise in darkness, and your gloom will become like midday", Isiah 58:9-10. An indication that a finger pointed with scorn is an act of which God disapproves.  

I guess I will follow Isiah's assessment and put my middle finger away and plod on as always.

Peeks around the corner looking for the good or at least to avoid the next train that is trying to run me down.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment