Tuesday, March 4, 2014

What If "The Hokey Pokey" Is Reallly What It's All About?

Second Life does exactly what it is supposed to do for me. That is to leave all my real life crap at log in and just enjoy a simple time listening to music and dancing my way happily along. The 'hokey pokey' always made me laugh and happy and Second Life is my version of the hokey pokey.


At some point the computer turns off and the realities of life turn back on. I could use a little hokey pokey energy in real life.

The last few years have been a little tough. A combination of my illness and a string of temporary housing has left me with a feeling of detachment to life. I am moving again. My 5th move in 7 years. My car should have 'gypsy' painted on its doors.

But this time is different. I have finally decided to move away from the area where I have spent the past 28 years. It is time to move on. My kids are all living away from this area. They were my only reason to stay here. It is funny though; I seem to be suffering from 'empty nest syndrome' without an actual nest of my own.

There are bright spots. My Second Life partner and real life friend keeps me grounded and makes sure my hokey pokey does not turn into a heavy metal binge.

So a new chapter in my life begins. I am slipping on my real life dance shoes and doing the hokey pokey north on Interstate 95 closer to friends and family. I will miss North Carolina but not the solitary life I have developed for myself.

I am very good at dancing the hokey pokey. Thank God I am not an expert in the 'chicken dance', lol.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment