Thursday, January 16, 2014

Getting Moving In The Morning Is Tough These Days

I remember when my alarm went off  in the morning and I could jump out of bed, do everything I needed to do to get ready to leave the house and be out the door in under an hour. These days the alarm goes off and two hours later I am still trying to get myself motivated to do anything.

I always seem to have some pain or discomfort that has no rhyme or reason for existing. Today it's my right foot. No swelling just pain.

What I felt like at 35 years old.


What I felt like this morning, lol.


 I know it has a lot to do with my age and illness but it's frustrating. I was looking at a television commercial yesterday for a product called the 'total gym'. The guy being interviewed was 72 years old and ripped. I looked at my self and the only rip on me was in my sock.

Everything is moving south on me and it's not pretty, lol. Gravity is an enemy that is hard to best. No wonder they write songs about it.

The happy part about watching my body make its aging changes is that my mind has stayed clear as a bell. Oh I have my moments but we all do. The other cool thing is all my parts still work and are functional. Gold star for me, lol.

An old man went to the doctor complaining of a terrible pain in his leg.”
“I am afraid it’s just old age,” replied the doctor, “there is nothing we can do about it.”
“That can’t be,” fumed the old man, “you don’t know what you are doing.”
“Why do you say that?” countered the doctor.
“Well it’s quite obvious,” the old man replied, “my other leg is fine, and it’s the exact same age!”

That's about how I felt when I awoke this morning. I can joke about this because I know that by tomorrow my foot will feel fine and some other ache will climb on board.

Such is the life of an aging body.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment