Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Alternative To The Winter Olympics

The threat of terrorist attacks in Sochi is acting as a deterrent to ticket sales. I have an alternative event that will be safer and possibly more fun.

The German town of Braunlage will host the fifth annual Naked Sledding World Championships on February 15, 2014. Participants are topless with the only allowed clothes being undies, snow boots and gloves. Applications, for both Male and female sledders, are now being accepted. Last year only 30 sledders were chosen from over 5,000 applicants. Top prize~$1,000.


The course is 97 yards of frozen track and was attended by some 25,000 spectators last year. It seems the main athletic attribute is that you look good naked. HMMM! Guess that disqualifies me, lol.

I wonder if some television network will broadcast this event? I guarantee I will be watching this event if ESPN 8, The Ocho, has it on. If they broadcast the Naked Sledding Championships followed by a topless Dodge Ball Tournament it could be a sports coup for the ages.

My money is on the blond, lol!
 
See you all at the games!!!
 
Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment