Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Who Is Your Muse

In mythology, the Muses were nine goddesses who symbolized the arts and sciences. Today, a muse is a person who serves as an artist's inspiration. Often filmmakers talk about a certain actor being a muse — meaning the actor inspired a movie. Writers, painters, musicians, and other artists have muses. Muse can also refer to thinking deeply. If you muse about something, you're giving it serious thought. You can't muse in five seconds. People muse on certain ideas for years.


I do have people in my life that act as my muses. People funnel ideas to me almost on a daily basis and I act on them only after I have given thought to where an idea may take me.

Muses come to me in many forms; ones that elicit happy thoughts and ones that are darker and unhappy. What I write on a particular day depends on my mood and which muse has my ear. I am like that writer of children's books who when happy writes about fairies and when unhappy writes about goblins and ghosts.

On my unhappy days you will probably find me writing about politics or attacking people I deem stupid. On happy days I am writing about things that make me laugh and hopefully my readers find funny.

Whether you are a writer, painter, cloths designer or entertainer you will have you muse and most likely more than one.

In life all people have someone in their lives that inspire them and therefore become their muse. You do not have to write a poem or produce a sculpture to have a muse in your life.

My muse flits around sprinkling fairy dust and keeping me from slipping to a darker side. It's nice to have something that keeps politics and stupidity away form my door. I am musefully going through life skipping from one lily pad to the next happily singing off key and chasing the fish away.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment