Saturday, July 7, 2012

POTUS And SCOTUS~~WTH


Increased use of email, texting and now twitter has raised the art of abbreviating to to an art form. Growing up the names of states were probably the most used abbreviations by civilians and the United States Military's penchant for the use of acronyms is world renowned. The only abbreviation I had experience with was SWAK(sealed with a kiss) that was used on just about every note sent by teenage girls back in the stone age I called my teen years. But today we have an entire new language within the English language and learning it is necessary to understand what is going on around us.




There is a long list of abbreviations that have found their way into everyday life. LOL, OMG, ROFL, LMAO, IKR are all everyday abbreviations almost all of us use and that I barely notice because there use is so common.

Recently I have noticed the news outlets using the abbreviations POTUS(President of the United States) and SCOTUS(Supreme Court of the United States). I am not to crazy about these two as I think they are disrespectful of important American institutions. Besides that would make is COTUS(Citizens of the United States. Men would be MOTUS and women WOTUS. My dog would be DOTUS and my my drug addled neighbor would still be a freaking idiot or the often use abbreviation IWIAM(Idiot wrapped in a moron) could apply here, lol.



My Second Life Partner, Friendly, likes to say that she will get out her 'big bat' to keep me in line when I act SSIF(so stupid it's funny). She threatens to BMOH(Bat me on the head). My reaction is to commence GDR(Grinning, Ducking and Running).

@TEOTD(at the end of the day) the one place I do not want abbreviations is on a sign like this one,lol.



Randy

PS........For those of you who are keeping up with what I am reading BYHNFLOYO(because you have no freaking life of your own);

Armageddon, A Novel of Berlin by Leon Ursis

The Shopkeeper by James D. Best

The Man Who Would Be King by Rudyard Kipling

No comments:

Post a Comment