Friday, July 6, 2012

Get Them Back In The Pews~~Make Church Fun

Christian churches, of all domination's, have witnessed declines in attendance over the past twenty years. Our new fast paced lifestyle combined with a younger generations looking for faith outside of organized religions has contributed to this decline. What religious organizations need to do is make church more fun.

I was brought up Roman Catholic and it would take an act of God to get me back in a pew. My comfort with Buddhism and Eastern Philosophy serves me well but I would venture back into a Catholic service in remembrance of my parents. I think that I would consider that acting in good faith or at lest meting the church halfway.


Accommodations would have to be made for me to return. For instance, the idea of wine and bread being miraculously changed to the body and blood of Christ would be much more impressive, to me anyway, if the conversation was from 'donuts and coffee'. If it was accomplished with pancakes and orange juice I am there every Sunday and first in line.

If they held services in a place that interested me I would consider a return. There was a ministry near my home named Kingdom Place that held their services in a converted Chucky Cheese type restaurant. The children loved it.


Now this is my kind of Kingdom Place meeting hall. Can you imagine pouring out of church service and rushing to be first in line at the Tea Cups or the Dumbo ride, fun, fun, fun.

Finally, when I travel I find it difficult to find a church I want to stop at. But thanks to the ingenuity of my God fearing friends a solution is at hand.


What convenience for road trips and the back deck will hold my beer cooler nicely, lol.

One last thing on a more serious note. The concept of being 'God fearing'. Frankly I find it stupid. God should not ever be feared.

Loved!
Respected!
Worshiped!
Adored!

Those are words that come to mind when I think of a relationship with God.

FEAR! NEVER!

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment