Saturday, May 12, 2012

Kiss~~Keep It Simple Stupid

"They think I'm simpleminded because I seem to be happy. Why shouldn't I be happy? I have everything I ever wanted and more. Maybe I am simpleminded. Maybe that's the key: simple."~~Dolly Parton.


When I was in college KISS was my basic concept for taking exams. I actually wrote it behind my name on blue books to remind myself to stick to that concept. By the way, I erased it before I turned in the exam. Did not want the professor thinking I was making an offer, lol.

Over the years I seem to have drifted away from KISS and the more my life became complicated the more control over life I seemed to have lost. After my recent hospitalization I decided to revisit KISS in my life.

My recent weeks have been spent getting use to my post illness lifestyle; simple healthy meals, more exercise and avoiding stressful situations have become the order of the day. I spend my days writing and reading. I have been avoiding confrontations with people that in the past have been a sore point with me. Like the drug user next door who has dealers arriving at his house all hours of the day and night.

I have been simplifying everything form laundry to bill paying. Somehow this all should seem normal but it does not. I have stepped out of character to live a simpler lifestyle and that is what has been bothering me.

I am not saying that I miss being confrontational but by looking to be a more docile person I seem to have lost my edge. This loss of edginess shows up mostly in my writing. Most of what I write has a confrontational aspect to it; especially in this blog. On days that I write a particularly confrontational blog I also find that my work on my never ending novel, especially parts that have any violence, goes much easier.

I have never professed to be a 'hearts and flowers' writer nor do I think that is something I could do. The key, for me at least, is finding a balance between KISS and the 'pain in someones ass person' I was prior to my illness.

While in search of this balance point my blogs will be all over the place in content and substance. Once I find my groove writing and life in general should play out on a much more consistent plane.

Randy

What I am reading:

The Hunger Games~~Suzzane Collins
World War Z~~Max Brooks
The Buddha Book~~Lillian Too

No comments:

Post a Comment