Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Some Like It Limp~~Some Like It Hard!! We Are Talking Bacon You Perv!!

I LOVE BACON!!   ONE MORE TIME!! I LOVE BACON!!


There seems to me that there is nothing that is not improved by the presence of bacon in the mix. I can see the vegans cringing and firing eye darts at me, lol.

There was a time when every part of a pig was called 'bacon'; a term originated in England and France. The evolution to its present form happened over many years of 'glorious eating'.

"In this health-conscious day and age, you would think that bacon would be low on the list of preferred foods due to its fat content. Yet, as anyone who dabbles in pork belly commodities can tell you, bacon is solely responsible for giving a boost to the pork market. Bacon has become so popular as a sandwich ingredient and a favorite of chefs in fine dining establishments that bacon shortages have caused prices to soar. However, bacon is still a bargain that can't be beat when it comes to adding flavor. With low-sodium and lean varieties available, even the dieter can partake in moderation", states  Peggy Trobridge Filippone, from About.com.

I think President Obamination should have a 'Bacon Stimulus Package'. The economy would take off!!!

The two schools of thought as to how to eat bacon are 'The Limp Bacon Crown' versus the 'Crisp Bacon Gang"

Limp. Usually chewy, soft and more 'meaty'.
Crispy. Usually...crisp? Also crunchy, firm, and golden...but not burnt!

Personally I am in the 'limp bacon crowd'. Babe remember that when you are slapping together my BLT with Tomato Soup for lunch tomorrow, lol.

Bacon is consumed at all meals now being used for everything from the main part of the meal to a flavoring. Seventy Percent of all bacon consumed in the United States is eaten at breakfast.

The term 'bring home the bacon' has its origins in something that is not related to money; which seems to be how we use it today.

In the twelfth century, a church in the English town of Dunmow promised a side of bacon to any married man who could swear before the congregation and God that he had not quarreled with his wife for a year and a day. A husband who could' bring home the bacon' was held in high esteem by the community. I wonder how many men could accomplish that feat these days?

I tend to ramble when talking about bacon. Just the thought of it makes me want to rush to the kitchen and make some. I am careful with over consuption of this glorious meat but I have a hard time passing it up.

My favorite 'bacon concoction', is a 'Bacon Explosion'; which I have only had twice in my life but I will guarantee I will have it again.



A Bacon Explosion is a pork dish that consists of bacon wrapped around a filling of spiced sausage and crumbled bacon. About the size of an American football the dish is smoked or baked.

YUMMY!!!

Yes Kiddies I ate bacon for breakfast with pancakes, orange juice and coffee. Life is 'freaking good' lol.

Love ya,
Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment