Monday, August 1, 2011

The Less Clothes The Better!!~~~BUT!!!!!!!

I know it is hot all over the United States. Here in South Carolina even night time temperatures can be in the 80'sF. So believe me when I say that wearing the least amount of clothes, while staying decent, is a way of life here. But the key word in my last sentence is DECENT.


This woman was asked to leave Wal-Mart because of the way she is dressed. At first I thought what a crock let the woman wear what she wants to as long as she is decently dressed and not offensive to other customers. Then I saw this picture and completed reading the article.

My outrage changed from; "OMG How could you ask her to leave because of a bikini top?" to "OMG how could you have that little respect for yourself and appear in public dressed like that?"

I am ready!! Come on all you Politically Correct Hypocrites !! Let me have it!!

In my eyes I see a woman that is ripe for controversy. Is it OK for her to dress like she is dressed? Of course it is but within reason. Here we have a woman who is handicapped; note the cane and leg brace, not particularly attractive, over weight and tattooed. In and of themselves none of those things can or should be held against her but I can see the Comfort Zone of those around her being assaulted.

I also see someone that is showing, through the way she is dressed and where she was going, a lack of self respect that is quite disheartening.

I live at the beach. Wearing a bikini top into beach related stores is a common and acceptable practice. But only on rare occasions do we see people here wearing an uncovered bikini top into a grocery store or restaurant and that includes Wal-Mart. We have a Silent Code of what is acceptable and what is not.

I know that many people are upset that this woman was asked to cover up or leave. They stand up and proclaim her rights to dress the way she wants to dress. BUT WHAT OF OTHERS RIGHTS TO NOT HAVING TO BE OFFENDED BY THE SITE! 

Being handicapped is a tragedy but is no excuse for bad behavior. I do not think that Wal-Mart owes this woman an apology. The reverse may be true.

NO SHOES,,NO SHIRT,,,NO SERVICE!!!

I thought that was a given in our society. I guess not!

Love ya,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment