Tuesday, July 5, 2011

It Is All In The Smile!!

I was on the beach quite some time this past Sunday relaxing and doing one of my favorite things; Watching People.  While I was there a quite attractive woman and her boy friend settled in about 20 feet from me. On the surface an attractive couple indeed. But there appearance is where the attractiveness ended. In the two hours that I was there; she smiled not one time. It bothered me even though I had no investment in this couple at all. But her outer appearance of attractiveness was betrayed by her lack of happiness that was portrayed in strained and forced facial features.

SMILING is an outward manifestation of your inner happiness. My Dad use to say that smiling was the result of being happy and that happiness needs a place to spill out. That may well be true.

A smile also overcomes physical flaws that my cause someone to say that you are not attractive. A very good example is the Mona Lisa by Leonardo Divinci.



All people ever talk about is Mona Lisa's Smile. In my opinion, and I am stating this hundreds of years after it was painted and the perception of what is attractive was much different in the time of its painting,  Mona Lisa, the woman, was not that pretty. But that smile draws you in and makes her an extremely desirable woman.

Kate Middleton has smiling down to a science. It seems to come to her as natural as walking. Even more than her natural smile is the fact that it always seems genuine. I could over look a scar or facial flaw on her because her smile is compelling and draws the looker immediately to her.




A person does not have to be famous to have an effective smile. The Art Of Smiling is a gift we can give others to brighten their day.


Today, give a stranger one of your smiles. It might be the only sunshine he sees all day.
~Quoted in P.S. I Love You, compiled by H. Jackson Brown, Jr.



                   If you smile when no one else is around, you really mean it.
~Andy Rooney


  Everyone smiles in the same language.


~Author Unknown

So Kiddies spread you smile around and show people that you are happy. Let that happiness spill out and spread to those around you. And if you are feeling down find a way to smile or laugh. It will lift you up and make you feel much better.

Love ya,
Night

PS....If you are hunting a smile or laugh try watching any Three Stooges or Abbot and Costello show. They always make me laugh.

No comments:

Post a Comment