Thursday, July 21, 2011

Davy Crocket Knew It~~~Why Is It So Hard For Us To Understand!!

That's what's important, to feel useful in this old world. To hit a lick against what's wrong for what's right even though you get walloped for saying that word. Now I may sound like a Bible beater yelling up a revival at a river crossing camp meeting, but that don't change the truth none. There's right and there's wrong. You got to do one or the other. You do the one and you're living. You do the other and you may be walking around, but you're dead as a beaver hat.~~DAVY CROCKETT, The Alamo(1960)



From mans early existence the theme of Good Versus Evil has been a basic premise of the human psyche. Adam and Eve were cast by God as Good with their evil counterpart being the Evil Snake. The Garden of Eden was a Good place to live while any place outside that garden was a place God would send you to if you messed up.

Even the Human Concept of God has its Good Versus Evil aspects. Man concocted Good Gods that were in constant battle with the Evil Gods. This concept, of Good Versus Evil, is an underlying premise for mans existence. I am sure it will always be the case.

In reality, well my reality, it all comes down to choices. How do you want to live your life? What choices guide your life? Do I always have to be Good or can a little Evil slip in every now and then?

Interesting questions. One wonders where the answers lie for us? And there is the basic problem with answering these questions. Every time we think we find our answers we generate more questions. Maybe that explains why the Good Versus Evil concept has been around forever.

I can not answer the questions for you. Each individual has to find their own answers and set their life's course in their own way. As an exercise let me answer the questions for myself. This is a very good exercise for you to do when you have decisions to make and need guidance only you can give yourself.

~~ How do I want to live your life?  This is a question that I asked myself at a very early age. Coming out at 16 years old set my course but for many years my metaphorical ship was all over the ocean never finding a place to dock. In time I learned how to steer myself in a direction that , I feel, made me land on the side Good. That may sound self serving but it is how I have always felt. While so many try and paint my sexual orientation as being Evil; I see myself as gifted by God to be better than my accusers.

~~ What choices guide your life? Here is the meat of the matter. My choices guide me to what I believe is a Good Life for me. But my choices, my decisions, are not a blueprint for anyone else. I can not live your life for you and you certainly can not live mine. The only thing that other peoples choices and decisions can be used for is a guide to see where someone else screwed up. That old idiom, 'Lear from others mistakes', is a very good aspect of any ones plan for themselves.

~~Do I always have to be Good or can a little Evil slip in every now and then?  Oh Hell No!! We are born with the ability to think for ourselves. Perfection Is Not A Human Trait!! No matter what some will tell you; being perfect is not built into us. If we were perfect; 'Why would we need a God?' Perfection is for God. The search for perfection is for man.

So what got me started on this so early in the morning? My Blog writing routine is to review the news and see what I find interesting. Today, like many days, Evil seemed to be winning. It shakes ones spirit a little.

Look! There will always be people that choose a path that flirts with Evil. I think it is Human Nature to do so. Our duty, our course, our lives need to be dedicated to counter acting the Evil in the world to gain a Balance between the two forces.

Sounds Epic doesn't it? It really is simple. Each day do something to help another person. The simple things add up. I believe that there is more Good being done in the world than Evil and how we treat the others we inhabit this earth with is and will be a determining factor in which concept wins in the end. Good or Evil!!

Love ya,
Night

PS.....Song of the day~~~Autumn Leaves by Eva Cassidy

No comments:

Post a Comment