Tuesday, June 28, 2011

This Morning I Had The Urge To Jump On A Delta Flight To Saudi Arabia!!

That's right Kiddies; This Morning I Had The Urge To Jump On A Delta Flight To Saudi Arabia!! So I packed my bags, got myself a MALE SPONSOR to chaperon me around, bought rwo lovely Saudi Arabian Modest Outfits and tucked my copy of 'IN PRAISE OF DHARMADHATU by Nagarjuna' into my travel bag to read on the flight.

When I get to the Delta Check In Area the they swiftly shuffle me off to Saudi Arabian Airlines as they are the Official Partner Of Delta.


I board the plane, settle into my seat, have a drink served and pull out my book to do some reading. I am a very happy camper. The Flight Attendant is quite nice until she notices what I am reading. She approaches slowly and even timidly as not to make a scene and quietly tells me that I will need to dispose of my book prior to going through customs because under a Delta/Saudi Arabian/Saudi Arabian Government Agreement; no books or religious material, other than those approved by under Saudis Muslim controled Law is allowed to enter the country.

From a recent article by Michele Chabin; 'Jews and Israelis, or passengers carrying any non-Islamic article of faith, will not be able to fly code-share flights from the U.S. to Saudi Arabia under Delta Air Line's new partnership with Saudi Arabian Airlines that is set to begin in 2012'.

'Saudi Arabia, which is governed by strict Islamic law, requires citizens of almost every country to obtain a visa. People who wish to enter the country must have a sponsor; women, who must be dressed according to Saudi standards of modesty, must be met at the Saudi airport by a man who will act as a chaperone'.

'Religious items such as Bibles that are not related to Islam may be confiscated at the airport'.

Full Article can be read at: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/06/23/us-jews-not-able-to-fly-o_n_883568.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmaing8%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk2%7C72803

I understand Saudi Arabia's  concerns and they do not even have to be addressed here but for Delta Airlines t o accept Religious Excludism as a Business Practice is UNACCEPTABLEHell it is UN-AMERICAN.

So upon landing in Saudi Arabia, and being the Bitch that I am, I promptly boarded a flight home with my book in hand and a Vow To Avoid S Delta Airlines Like  Plague.


                           And I spent good hard cash on this beautiful outfit!!

Love ya,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment