Monday, May 9, 2011

Nights Dance To Day~~~Chapter 20

Chapter 20

The next day. at six in the morning, Dylan Collins was sitting in uncle Sean’s kitchen drinking coffeeand laughing at his own jokes. Dylan was like the Barry Fitzgerald character from John Wayne’s ‘Quiet Man’ movies. The difference between the two was that Dylan was dripping intelligence and an air of respect.

“You look like you need sleep”, Dylan to me as I sat down with a cup of coffee.

I knew I looked bad and was in need of sleep. I just could not manage it. “I have not slept well in a month. Probably won’t until this is over.”

“I have set up a meeting with Bailey. On neutral ground at my house. We will travel down there today and you can rest for the day.”, Dylan. “When does your team get here?”

“They will be in today. Uncle Sean has made arrangements for a place for them to stay that is out of site and where they can prepare if we need to make a move.” I trusted Dylan but I did not want anyone knowing where Pete and Wailer were staying. “Tell me what Bailey told you?”

“He is a man showing some remorse and I believe him.”, Dylan.

Dylan related this story. It seemed that Bailey did not know the nature of the cargo when he arranged for the transportation. He expected that he was going to be the middle man in a weapons deal. There were two things that made him leery about taking that particular job. First, the owner of the shipment did not specify what was being shipped. Secondly, they sent their own security on the flight.

Bailey said he owned this guy a favor and the guy was calling in his marker. Looks like he had no choice about taking the job . The debt had to be paid back. If he had known what he was carrying; he would have found a way to get out from under it. Once they had gotten on the plane; the damage was done.

“Who was he working for and what happened after they landed?”



“I will listen and out respect for you be calm as I can but I need to know everything. If he holds back on me I will know it.”

“ Like I said I believe him.”, Dylan

“And Diego; all guns will be checked at the door.”

Love ya,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment