Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Drama~~~The Enemy of Every Second Life Woman!! Funny That!!

I have always found it quite strange that so many female profiles, in Second Life,  contain the 'No Drama Please Statement'.  I find it puzzling because, by nature, we woman attract drama in all forms and that many of us, at least at times(and I include myself in this), thrive on it.

The following is one such statement. This one I found particularly entertaining.

I luv drama... I adore being asked by strangers if I want to have sex... and I am the 'soulmate" of every man I meet! :))  OK..reality time... yes your ass DOES look huge in that dress,  NO I don't want to have sex with u-esp if u need poseballs... I run from drama as I would from a pack of rabid porcupines - I haven't found many men in sl I would want for a soul mate. I'm sassy, classy, naughty, sarcastic, cheeky, funny, needy, greedy and sexy.  Interested??  IM me.. make me laff and I might keep u *winks*

I so want to become the friend of this woman, lol. In this statement; she has managed to roll so many feelings, that Second Life woman have, into a few short sentences. The TRUTH(refer to yesterday's blog) of what she writes is glaring here.

I read this and I see a 'List Of Rules For Second Life Dating', forming in my little brain.

1. Do not date any one that has been in Second Life less than 12 months. I believe that with a 12 month floor for being in SL; you may well get someone that has found interests inworld beyond the partying.

2. Read and study a persons profile carefully. Profiles reveal so much information about someone. Learn to read between the lines of profiles. What is not written may well be more important than what is actually written.

3. Spend at least 3 months with a person before saying yes to their proposal. Get to know them as well as you possibly can. Try very hard not to become one of those people that manage to find a partner and lose them in a week.

4. Be weary of people who have partnered multiple times. Of course there are exceptions. People leave Second Life all the time with and without explanation. That can not be held against any one.

5. Second Life can be an amazing place with untold numbers of things to do and share while dating. Find someone that wants to share the entire Second Life experience with you.

I am sure that there are many other rules that can be written. This is just a good start.

Drama is a fact in any life. Totally avoiding it is next to impossible. I have caused it and I have friends who have caused it. But with some people it is an everyday occurrence. They seem to thrive on it. I can only tolerate them, as I am sure you can, for a short time. My mechanism for eliminating drama from my life is AVOIDANCE. I will admit that avoidance is not a good way to handle drama. It may even be the cowards way out. Confronting it is the way. But avoidance is so much easier.

Usually avoiding drama comes back to bite my ass at some point. The key here is to keep my ass moving so they can not get a clear shot at it.

                                                     Pictures of me avoiding drama,lol.




See you on the grid,,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment