Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happiness Is Where You Find It!!

Quote of the day(another male profile find):

"happiness makes up in height for what it lacks in length"
-Robert Frost

This quote, from the wonderful Robert Frost, is perfect for the phenomenon of Second Life relationships. So many people come to SL looking for an escape from First Life. I did!!

They meet someone, are happy for a time, see other possibilities and go off in another directions to a new happiness. For a time their happiness spikes in a vertical direction of short duration. While this would be a disastrous course for First Life; it is certainly a normal course for SL and very acceptable.

Of course there are exceptions to this rule. Many Second Life relationships last years. My SL partner and I have been together nearly three years. The person, whose profile this quote was discovered in, is in his fourth year of a relationship.

Another SL profile quote fits in here perfectly I think;

Break the rules, Forgive quickly, Kiss slowly, Dance often, Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably And never regret anything that made you smile

Very true for Second Life.

My favorite Robert Frost poem:

Acquainted With The Night

I have been one acquainted with the night.
I have walked out in rain - and back in rain.
I have outwalked the furthest city light.
I have looked down the saddest city lane.
I have passed by the watchman on his beat
And dropped my eyes, unwilling to explain.
But not to call me back or say good-bye;
And further still at an unearthly height,
One luminary clock against the sky

Proclaimed the time was neither wrong nor right.
I have been one acquainted with the night.



Enjoy Kiddies,,
Night



No comments:

Post a Comment