Thursday, February 20, 2014

Lets Talk Cave Colors

I read this yesterday; "All men see in 16 colors, like Windows default settings. Peach, for example, is a fruit. Not a color. Pumpkin is also a fruit. We have no idea what mauve is".

There is a reason that new homes are painted white when they are up for sale. Because men could not relate to a mustard colored living room. For the most part women are responsible for putting color into men's lives. If it were not for women, men would live their entire lives in white rooms dominated by a 60 inch screen television and football/basketball posters on the walls.


THE MAN CAVE~~is a place where men can put all the things they have accumulated, over their lifetime, and that women do not feel is appropriate for home decor. This would include trophies, old and beloved clothes, pictures of you and your friends acting nuts, your old playboy magazines, all sports posters and anything else your mate hates that you love. This cave should be decorated by the man in a manner that is pleasing to him not his mother-in-law.

In my case I just needed a place I could go off and think or spend a few minutes alone. Nothing fancy. Someplace quiet. Maybe a padded and sound proof room that would stifle my screams and keep me safe when I throw myself up against the walls, lol.

Have you ever screamed as loud as you could? I have and the tensions seem to slip away and I feel so much better. That's the kind of man cave I needed. Of course now my entire house is a man cave and my neighbors are far enough away that I could scream my head off and no one would hear me.

The man cave puts sanity back into mens lives. It is a similar therapy to women buying clothes or shoes. You can never have enough ways to foster good mental health.

Everyone needs a physical space they can call there own. Men have their caves. Women have their craft rooms, sewing rooms or over sized closets. We just all need our little mental health space.

There is nothing sadder than some guy standing on his back porch, alone and in the cold, staring off into space and talking to himself.

Show me a man doing that and I will show you a man who is caveless and living in a house with a plum colored living room.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment