Monday, December 2, 2013

The Dance Of The Squirrels'

After a hurricane, back in the late 90's, I found baby squirrels scattered around the yard with parents no where in sight. Knowing that they were easy prey for dogs and cats I gathered them up and put them in a tree. I time their parents returned to take them to safety.

God has repaid my kindness with something I call 'the dance of the squirrels'. Every morning squirrels play a game of tag, running from tree branch to tree branch, in a mesmerizing show. It's quite possible that this has been going on all my life and I nerve noticed until after that hurricane but this dance has been held each morning no matter where I have lived. I prefer to call it God's gift to me.


My morning meditations are always spent facing this show. The squirrels are like little furry scrubbers; clearing my thoughts until I am left with only my mantra which pulls me deeper into a state of total relaxation.

Don’t seek, don’t search, don’t ask, don’t knock, don’t demand – relax. If you relax, it comes. If you relax, it is there. If you relax, you start vibrating with it.” Osho

This quote embodies my philosophy towards God. I do not look for Him in churches. Nor do I ask gifts of Him. I have already been given all the gifts I need through my birth and entrance into my life. That is our gift from God; the opportunity to live a life on your chosen path. The opportunity to choose how we live that life is our greatest gift.

In my mind the dance of the squirrels, which follows me where ever I go, is proof that my path, although rocky at times, is a good one.

My mind is cleansed. My thoughts are clear. My affirmations, dedications and commitments are firm. I will move forward clearing rocks as I go.

Randy




No comments:

Post a Comment