Tuesday, December 31, 2013

Resolutions For The New Year~~Or How Can I Get My Physics ON?

A New Year's resolution is a secular tradition, most common in the West but found around the world, in which a person makes a promise to do an act of self-improvement starting on New Year's Day. Seems pretty simple but in reality very few resolutions last out the year.

People have been making resolutions for thousands of years. The ancient Babylonians made promises to their gods at the start of each year that they would return borrowed objects and pay their debts. The Romans began each year by making promises to the god Janus, for whom the month of January is named. In the Medieval era, the knights took the "peacock vow" at the end of the Christmas season each year to re-affirm their commitment to chivalry.

Now days our resolutions are simpler; lose weight, be punctual, be frugal with our money, only buy 100 pairs of shoes instead of 200 or the ever popular boy friend makeover, lol.

The United States government even gets into the act by suggesting resolutions(found at USA.gov), get a better education, get a better job, save money, manage stress, manage debt, take a trip and reduce, reuse, recycle.

I personally like this resolution made by James Agate, "To tolerate fools more gladly, provided this does not encourage them to take up more of my time. This is the only real life resolution I will make for 2014.

In Second Life I have only one resolution for the year and it's really more of a challenge. I will spend 2014 searching for scripters who can add 'physics' to my penis so that when I run around the house naked it will bounce and flow normally. A little helicopter action would be fun too.

HAPPY NEW YEAR KIDDIES!!

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment