Friday, December 13, 2013

It's Friday The 13th~~What Could Go Wrong?

I look out my window watching smoke rise from my neighbors yard. A lone figure, carrying something I can not quite make out, moves through the smoke toward me. I see children running frantically across the yard in what only can be described as hysterics. My computer says it's Friday the 13th. The children fall to the ground as this smoke shrouded figure approaches them. I hear their screams, of delight, as their father chases them around the piles of leaves they are playing in.

That's pretty much the extent of my Friday the 13th excitement. No Jason rampaging around the neighborhood. No naked woman being slaughtered in my shower. No teenager being stuffed into the outhouse hole after foolishly going out there in the dark. Pretty much life as usual for me.


But this day does bring thoughts of the fears we do have looming over us. We live in a dangerous world. There are people, both foreign and domestic, that want to destroy our way of life. I have less fear for those foreigners who creep around the fringes of our lives taking nips at it. My greater fear is for those who work from within, like a stomach cancer, trying to destroy our institutions.

"A nation that is afraid to let its people judge the truth and falsehood in an open market is a nation that is afraid of its people", John F. Kennedy.

President Kennedy had that right. Our elected officials, in fear of losing their jobs, use fear tactics to scare the people they are sworn to protect. I hear things like; Republicans want to destroy Medicare, kill off our senior citizens and starve our children or Democrats want to destroy the constitution and take away as much of our hard earned money as they can to redistribute to others who may vote for them. All fear tactics to get us to follow a particular philosophy.

These cretins, who we elected to wander the halls of Congress, the Senate and the White House are afraid that the truth will let us see them for what they really are; incompetent boobs wrapped in the coat of made of the power they crave.

President Obama was just awarded PolitiFact's 'Lie Of The Year' prize for his Healthcare Claims. Our president, all our elected officials, should be above such monikers. Of course that is a 'pollyana' point of view as we unfortunately elect humans to govern us.

Maybe we should send chimpanzees to Washington. They are better at jumping all over the furniture and throwing shit around.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment