Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Churches Are Finally Listening To Me

A few months ago I wrote a blog titled 'I want my communion coffee'. It was about what it would take to get me back into a Christian church. Things like communion consisting of coffee and sausage biscuits, seats that were recliners with the NFL package on small screens so I don't miss any games and 'topless' Friday night meetings with the girls from the Crazy Horse Saloon in Myrtle beach were high on my list of attractors.

Until now no church has picked up my call to bring me back into the fold. Not until I read this line from an article by and "My name is Darin," the Methodist congregation's 37-year-old music director said, grinning. "And I like me a 30-pack of Busch Light!"

Yeppers there is a Beer church in Allendale, Michigan. It's a start I can not ignore. There are also "Church-in-a-pub" gatherings in Fort Worth, Texas. I am so psyched.


Religious leaders behind the trend defend this unique brand of worship. Among them is Pastor Matt Bistayi, who organizes Allendale, Mich., church meetings known as "What Would Jesus Brew?"  I never wanted to move to a colder climate again but I am being enticed.

Now I am waiting for my 'topless' Friday night meetings and my bags will be packed. I can have coffee and sausage biscuits before I leave for worship at the local brew pub/church.

Of course there are always people who want to ruin a good thing.

 
                                           Talk about a buzz kill!!!

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment