Monday, October 21, 2013

When Opportunity Knocks Answer The Call

"Too often, the opportunity knocks, but by the time you push back the chain, push back the bolt, unhook the two locks and shut off the burglar alarm, it's too late", Rita Coolidge.

Like most people I have missed many opportunities in my life. Family, love and business are but a few areas of opportunity that have slipped through my fingers. I have also discovered that as I add years to my life the number of opportunities that present themselves decreases immensely.


Recently opportunity knocked at my door and I finally opened it to find something beautiful. My life had become stagnant and lonely these past 10 years. When I heard that knock I usually hid in the fantasy of Second Life afraid to open it because I believed my heart could not take any more kicking. In doing so I let other opportunities slip away but not this time.

"Its impossible" said pride.
"Its risky" said experience.
"Its pointless" said reason.
"Give it a try" whispered heart.

That was my thought process. Pride and fear, which I have way to much of, have always held me back. I reasoned that my past failures made any opportunity pointless. I was my own worst enemy.

Thank God my beat up old heart has some life left in it. Putting pride, fear and reason in the back seat of my car I am letting my heart drive me to my opportunity.

When you let your heart lead it births hope. Hope can be a beautiful thing especially when it comes to fruition.

When the heart leads it also produces bravery; crushing fear and driving you forward.

So I have heard the knock and I have managed to pull back the chain, undo the bolt, unhook the two locks and turn off the alarm. Win lose or draw; in 18 days I am walking through that door and grabbing onto all my possibilities.

With Gods help, and my brand new car, I will make a safe trip through that door.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment