Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Finding Your Smile

“If you're reading this...Congratulations, you're alive. If that's not something to smile about, then I don't know what is”, Chad Sugg, Monsters Under Your Feet.

These days I find myself smiling a lot. Even laughing out loud at the silliest things. We all have a need to smile and laugh. It's healthy for our well being. It portrays a sense of contentment with one's life.


When I am not on one of political rants, making you smile and laugh is my goal. The funny thing about smiling and laughing is that sometimes making others smile and laugh is easier than making yourself smile.

I do smile when I get good feedback here and actually laugh at some of the idiotic feedback I get. So writing this blog gives me a sense of joy and happiness.

Humans need to grab there happiness when ever they can because happiness can be so fleeting. One minute you are holding it firmly in your hand and the next the wind carries it away like a stray balloon.

We all reach a point in our lives when our grip on happiness is not as secure as we want. Some days smiling seems a long reach away. Happiness can seem to be an unreachable goal.

But some days you open your eyes and happiness is lying next to you and smiling becomes an automatic response. These are the days I love. Waking with a smile on my face sets a wonderful tone for my day.

On rough days I purposely seek out my cousin Anthony on Face Book as he always has something funny posted there. Some people seem to float on a cloud of happiness and Anthony is one of those.

My point here is that there is always something to smile about. Even when faced with profound sadness a smile can be coaxed out of you by something.

Seek out what makes you smile and enjoy it every day. Find a way to wake with a smile. You will be healthier and happier for it.

“He had a new girl, and I told him she looked like Marilyn Monroe. He smiled because he thought I meant she was beautiful, and I smiled because I meant she looked like a corpse”, Jarod Kintz, The Titanic Would Never Have Sunk If It Were Made Out Of A Sink.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment