Monday, September 9, 2013

Obsession~~The Worse Human Condition

"Obsession is the single most wasteful human activity, because with an obsession you keep coming back and back and back to the same question and never get an answer", Norman Mailer

We all have been obsessed by something in our lives. An ex partner, a product or a food are common things that can cause one to become obsessed. Products or food can be obsessions caused by the need to use or consume the object. But obsession for another person is usually preceded by the loss of that person and love is always involved.


I recently went through a bout with obsession and I can tell you first hand that it is horrible. I was lucky as the person that I lost is loving and caring. The more she explained the whys; the easier life got and my obsession subsided. I believe understanding ones plight is the key to curing your obsession or avoiding it all together.

A person experiencing a case of obsession will see weight loss, sleeplessness, headaches and hair loss(thank God I did not have this one, lol). I did lose weight, about 20 pounds, which I needed to lose anyway. I had many sleepless nights and experienced some headaches. But all in all I survived well and now feel much better. Actually I have returned to my normal self.

I had to realize that it is normal to continue to love someone once the relationship is over. A change of address does not put a stop to love.

I can only speak for me but realizing that you did nothing wrong was important. Once I was told that  I could stop beating myself up over what I had done wrong because in fact there was nothing. The key is open communication between you and your ex partner.

We may not live together anymore, we may be dating other people and we may not see or talk to each other every day but we have remained friends. Good friends. Our love will always remain intact but will be something that keeps us warm rather than something we act on.

Fill you mind with all those good wonderful memories. Good thoughts will force obsession to the curb and let you move on with your life. Vow you will never hurt your ex partner and allow her to find her way. Promise to honor her wishes and keep those promises.

If you do these things you will find happiness in your own life. I promise you that.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment