Monday, August 26, 2013

Is Your Partner Boiling Your Bunny?

Is Your Partner Boiling Your Bunny? That is a question we all should ask when dating someone. Coming home to scenes of boiling bunnies is frightening indeed.


Marcrina Cooper-White in her article '11 Signs You May Be Dating A Sociopath' tries to describe ways to identify sociopath's behavior in the person you are dating.

Lets see how many of these traits I exhibit? HMMM!! This could ruin my dating situation but it's good for her to know, lol.

#1. Having an over sized ego.  Shit I am screwed from the get go. I do have, or at least use to have, an ego the size of Texas. So one for me being a sociopath.

#2. Lying and exhibiting manipulative behavior. I may have been guilty of this in my younger days. To may favor; I never lied about penis size, lol.  Anyway another one against me.

#3. Exhibiting a lack of empathy. Yay!! Finally one that I do not exhibit. If anything I show to much empathy.

#4. Showing a lack of remorse or shame. Another I do not exhibit. I have suffered bouts of shame, over something I did, that would stop an elephant in its tracks.

#5. Staying eerily calm in scary or dangerous situations. HMMM! So I do this but it's not because of being a sociopath but more out of military training that has taught me that panic kills. Not adding this to my list.

#6. Behaving irresponsibly or with extreme impulsively. I have been irresponsible when I was younger especially with finances. Will put a check mark on this for me.

#7. Having few friends. I have never been able to hold friends for long periods of time. I tend to drift off in a false sense of independence with a 'I can beat the world on my own' attitude. Another one checked.

#8. Being charming--but only superficially.  I have been told that I am charming but that is me being me. No superficiality here.

#9. Living by the "pleasure principle." Yep!! You got me. There was a time that my pleasure was forefront in my life. If it felt good I was there and damn the consequences. Check

#10. Showing disregard for societal norms. I have been known to break the rules and not feel bad about doing it. I once had a sense that I was above societies norms. Check

 #11. Having "intense" eyes. A final check on my report card.

So 7 out of 11. I can see my girlfriend headed for the door, lol.

But in truth life has beaten these traits out of me. With maturity comes clarity of oneself. That clarity lead me to who I am today.

I am no longer boiling bunnies. I AM THE BUNNY!!!

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment