Sunday, July 28, 2013

For Christine

At some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life!

It has taken me nearly two weeks to realize this truth about relationships. When a relationship breaks up, especially a long standing one, we go through the grief process that is no different than what would occur if someone had died.

Personally I went through a stages of disbelief, anger, pain, sleeplessness and confusion to reach the point I am at now; acceptance.

Sometimes people can love each other but drift apart at the same time. The desire to stay together may be strong but goals, outside of the relationship, build a barrier that cause the split.

As we start our new lives I can look back on our two years together and smile. In two years we never had a fight, we spent almost every waking Second Life hour together and in many ways we were the gold standard for Second Life relationships.

We treated our Second Life partnership like a real life marriage. I am proud of that marriage and I am proud of the woman who shared it with me.

My mind is full of wonderful memories. My heart is full of love for her. Where ever life takes us we will always have wonderful memories to keep us warm.

One person told me that they were shocked we had split and the we were 'legends' in Second Life for our relationship. That made me smile.

Chris, we will always be friends, we will always share a great love and I am only a phone call away if you ever need me.

I agree Chris; I also have no regrets.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment