Monday, November 26, 2012

Accepting One's Fate




To go from mortal to Buddha, you have to put an end to karma, nurture your awareness, and accept what life brings.~~Bodhidharma, founder of Chan Buddhism
 
For many years I have fought to move my fate in a particular direction with disastrous results. In my heart I knew this was a fruitless effort but my stubbornness and ego kept me from clearly seeing what I think was obvious to others.
 


I have never wanted to be a buddha but I have sought the serenity of a buddha over the past few years. Living a life fairly devoid of those things I had grown accustomed to like central heat and air condition or a fancy car. I have been happier which, as I look back, is a surprise to me.

I have finally learned to let things go, accept my fate and make the most out of what ever I happen to have. This revelation came when I finally realized that my attitude toward life was ass backwards.

I have always believed that life, if I lived a good one without much turmoil, owned me a serene karma and a comfortable existence.

As the comedian John Pinette always says, "Nay Nay". Life owes us nothing. Life does demand that we put into it what we want to get out of it. Even when we put all good things into our lives there is no guarantee that all good things will come your way.

Fate's Road For Life is paved with decision points that demand we take a stand as to what path we will follow. Our fate, destiny if you will, comes from within us. Not from God. God put us on the road but we walk it.

I have finally taken these lessons to heart and accepted my fate based on my decisions. Sometimes I am going to feel lousy and sometimes I will be walking on air but all the time I will accept my fate and move on. The good, the bad and the ugly are all on me.

Remember kiddies; we are all the drivers of our own vehicle. My advice!! Stay out of my lane as I am not all that good a driver.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment