Tuesday, November 8, 2011

Twinkies~~Manna From Hostess!!

The writings tells us that when the Isrealites were wandering in the wilderness God dropped 'manna' apon them so they could be nourished. There has been an argument as to what 'manna' actually is ever since.

I am convinced that God 'rained down' Twinkies to nourish the people. What is more heavenly than a Twinkie with its yellow/white cake wrapped around a center or cream so fluffy clouds are jealous of its lightness.

Lets take a closer look at this heavenly treat.



From the Hostess Website; 'One of America's best known and most loved snack cakes, Twinkies have been tantalizing taste buds and filling lunch boxes since 1930. Twinkies are the stuff of legends—President Clinton put one in a time capsule—and have achieved the status of cultural icon, with the American Society of Media Photographers recently mounting a photo exhibition featuring Twinkies. But to most people, they're just fun to eat.'

Twinkies have had 'green filling' in the Shrek series and more recently 'strawberry and chocloate' filling. My favorite will always be the original and I will admit I have kept them in my glove box and at one time, when my kids were young, a box or two could be found in my trunk. NO!! My children are not fat, lol!!

But there has been a 'Holy Grail of Twinkies' and I belilieve that I was witness to it at an early age.  I say that I believe because being young sometimes memories blend with fantasies.

Grwoing up on Marcy Aveenue, in Brooklyn NY, my house was right around the corner from a Hostess Baking facility. Twinkies were made there. This particular Hostess facility, in my memory, had a small, what we would call today, thrift shop attached to it. In this shop everyday wide eyed children, me included, could drop their precious pennies on the counter and buy any Hostess product. I always bought Twinkies.

Back then they were, as they are today, yellow/white cake filled with a white fluffy cream. YUMMY!!! All the kids would race home to grab a glass of milk and enjoy there purchase.

This is where my story gets a bit fuzzy because I am not sure if I wanted this to be true so bad my young mind lacthed on to my fantacy or I actually experienced 'Twinkie Nirvana'.

I rememember that for a very short time Hostess manufactured a 'CHOCOLATE COVERED TWINKIE'. I can see the the eyes on all you 'Twinkieaholics' glazing over with desire.

My childs mind remebers this as a 'real' occurence and to this day I will swear that it happened to me. God I hope it did.

It is quite possible that my very first orgasm happened when I bit into that amazing treat. Prays my memory is a real one.

I will leave you with a Twinkie recipe I found on the internet today. It proves that Twinkies are 'just not a snake cake anymore'.

Twinkling Turkey (serves 15 to 20)
Ingredients
1 (8 1/2 ounce) package yellow corn muffin mix, prepared and baked according to package instructions
6 Twinkies halves lengthwise
1 (14-18-pound) turkey
1 tart apple, peeled, cored and diced
1/4 cup honey


In this recipe, the cake part of the Twinkie is used as a stuffing ingredient while the cream filling becomes a sauce for turkey. For the stuffing, Twinkies and a Hostess corn muffin mix are combined with diced apple and stuffed into the bird. For the sauce, the cream filling is combined with honey and brushed on the turkey during the last fifteen minutes of roasting.

I have no idea if this is good or not but I am willing to try it. Anything with a Twinkie in it can not be all bad!!!

Love Ya,
Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment