Tuesday, May 24, 2011

I Do Not See The Racism In The Dove AD~~Am I Blind Or Not Sensitive Enough!!

I Do Not See The Racism In The Dove AD~~Am I Blind Or Not Sensitive Enough!! Maybe I have put myself in a 'Bubble Of Non Racist Thought'? Or maybe I do not interpret things the way others do?


I do not see what others see in this picture. it has been widely professed to be RACIST. I do not see it.
When I looked at this picture, for the first time today; I saw three woman that are supposed tot be using this Drove product with before and after picture of what their skin might look like,

This is what some people see; Via Copyranter, comes the image for the brand's VisibleCare body wash, showing three women -- one black, one possibly Latina and one blonde -- standing in front of "before" and "after" images. Copyranter's takeaway: "Dove body wash turns Black Women into Latino Women into White Women." Jezebel refers to it as "unintentionally(?) racist,"adding, "Bye-bye black skin, hello white skin! (Scrub hard!)"

I have never been Black and I can not expound about to the feelings of people of color when they look at something like this but honestly, I just do not see racism.

So I will ask questions so I can be enlightened.

~~Do we to easily and quickly call something Racist?


~~Do companies really and purposefully put out advertising that is Racist when trying to promote their products.


~~If companies purposefully put out Racist advertising do they really believe that they will not be caught given the present  climate of non tolerance for such things.

If we can answer YES to questions 2 & 3 then Dove and other companies are TOTALLY STUPID.

If we can answer YES to question one then we need to take a hard look at how we approach the process of Calling Something Racist.

What we see, in anything, is an individual prospective. What are your thoughts?

Love ya,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment