Wednesday, March 2, 2011

A Vow! Is A Vow! Is A Vow! Or Is It!!

I completely understand Second Life weddings. Having a wedding, a beautiful wedding, is most girls dream. Second Life allows  us to have that wedding if we choose. I especially understand the desire for a wedding in the Gay Community; because so many are blocked from having one in their First Lives.

For my Thinkie and myself, a simple ceremony in  a remote park was perfect for us. Nothing  fancy or elaborate; just the two of us making a promise that has lasted for 35 months as of today. Neither of us would have had it any other way. Besides; I look crappy in white and believe me, at least in my case, totally inappropriate, .

I have attended many Second Life weddings and have enjoyed all but one. My friends and I were ejected  and banned from that one so I really never had the chance to enjoy it. The ejection was done in such a way that it never disturbed the people getting married and in reality it was some two weeks before anyone told them. We had a nice laugh about it. I had done nothing more than try and protect the brides from a homophobe. One of my finer Second Life moments, lol.

Weddings in Second Life run the spectrum  from simple one on one ceremonies to full blown formal affairs. All have their own charm and value. But what is different in each wedding, that I have attended, are the vows exchanged between partners. Evey time I hear of a partnership  breaking up, and there are many, my first thought is to the vows I head  them utter. 

I found this wedding vow in an SL profile last week. Personally I have never heard this one used but point in fact; it is so appropriate for Second Life. After all; some SL partnerships have lasted all of 15 minutes and some seem to have a new partner on a weekly basis. I have changed the names here in the quest for anonymity. If my made up names come close to anyone's; believe me it is purely by accident.

  I, SweerBottom Louise, take you, Peter Piper Picked His Pickle, to be my  l̶a̶w̶f̶u̶l̶l̶y̶ virtually wedded husband, my f̶a̶i̶t̶h̶f̶u̶l̶ partner and my love f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶w̶a̶r̶d̶ for three, maybe four months tops. In the presence of G̶o̶d̶ Phillip Linden, o̶u̶r̶ ̶f̶a̶m̶i̶l̶y̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶i̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ whoever could log in, I offer you my solemn vow to be your partner in sickness and in health, in good times a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶b̶a̶d unless you're off line for more than 48 hours, and in joy as well as i̶n̶ ̶s̶o̶r̶r̶o̶w̶ nope just joy. I promise to love you u̶n̶c̶o̶n̶d̶i̶t̶i̶o̶n̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ when my RL hubby isn't home, a̶s̶ ̶l̶o̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶s̶h̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶l̶i̶v̶e̶ until I find out that you've partnered with five other alts. 

There is actually a high level of honesty written into this even though, I am sure, it was written to be funny. Her vows tell the tale of many Second Life partnerships. Take heart my friends! All is not bleak in the Partnership Community. Proven by Thinkie and myself and friends of mine , like Auburn Heron and her partner Nikitamaria Shilova who are around 4 years together. Or Adriane Munro-Lundquist and her partner Aida Munro-Lundquist who are also approaching 4 years. I have even met a couple that have been together over 5 years. Like I always say; 'Anything is possible in Second Life". All you need is a desire to see it so.

 A bit of advice to all Second Life couples.  A WELL SATISFIED PARTNER IS A LONG TERM  PARTNER.  Satisfaction can be intelectual or sexual but a happy partnership depends on it.

Love ya,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment