Sunday, March 27, 2011

Life Is Not Fair~~Get Use To It!!

Believe it or not…life is not fair. Occasionally the bad guy wins, people do play favorites, some good people die young, some people will let you down and not everyone is honest. While we can accept this, it shouldn’t stop us from dreaming big, working hard and doing what is right.~~Corey Wells

I have just gone through a fairly sleepless night. It seems that happens a lot these days and not just to me. I am sitting in front of Cure Chaser Tower, like I do most mornings, and this paragraph from Corey Wells keeps running through my head. I just can not push its away no matter how hard I try.

Why is life so hard? Who made these rules about what happens to us? Why is the road always rocky and where is it leading us? Why are there more questions than there are answers?

And in the end, it’s not the years in your life that count. It’s the life in your years. ~~ Abraham Lincoln

Only a life lived for others is a life worthwhile. ~~Albert Einstein

Everyone seems to have their own ideas about life but lately two quotes seem to be driving my thoughts.

 In the book of life, the answers aren’t in the back. ~~Charlie Brown

 I hope life isn’t a big joke, because I don’t get it. ~~Jack Handey

These two quotes sum up my line of thought of late. Sometimes the world around me makes no sense. But just a few months ago it all made sense. Things change just that fast.

Just for the hell of it I googled those four questions I asked earlier. Guess What!! No one has an answer. Actually that is what I expected.

Only one person can answer those questions. YOU!! Every person will have a different answer and that answer is only right for them. No matter how much you want to help them. No matter how much you want to answer those questions for them. It is just not possible. We can not answer these things for other people because we do not walk in their shoes.

I am slowly figuring this out. I am not Einstein. I am not Lincoln. God I am not even a Charlie Brown. I am just me and there is only one thing I can do.

I can offer the parts of me that will help the most. An ear to listen to the pain.  A shoulder to lay her head on. And a heart that offers love and is willing to stand with her.

There are not answers to my questions. There is life such as it is and you have to take it, deal with it on an everyday basis and then wait until the sun rises the next day to see what life has in store for you today.

Love ya,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment