Saturday, February 19, 2011

Steven Wright~~A Visionary?

I love Friday nights at Red River. Last night there was fantastic music provided by Genevive Romanas, a Second Life vocalist, and DJ Annie Lane, from Qnation.fm and more specifically The Nooner with Miss Annie. The night is full of good music but the conversation can be down right amazing. There are people, mostly women, from all over the world dancing, laughing and talking.  Last night, in a single fun filled evening, we discussed fashion, sex, television shows, male stamina in the form of the ability to stay in one place for a given amount of time, music and 'Do we really need the moon?'

It is that conversation about the moon that I found most interesting. Anything to do with outer space I find interesting anyway; but when a discussion is peppered with intelligence and humor while being accompanied by appropriate music about the moon,,,well it just makes me happy.

So I decided to grab a few quotes from the world renowned science expert(tongue in cheek here, lol) Steven Wright. Mr. Wright is a comedian, who through somewhat outrageous statements, makes you think and laugh all at the same time. While the main goal of humor is to make you laugh; making you think is a by product that most humorists strive to accomplish.

So lets bring on Steven Wright!!!

If toast always lands butter-side down, and cats always land on their feet, what happens if you strap toast on the back of a cat and drop it?

My friend Cally will be working on this one all day, lol. God help all the cats in her neighborhood. I so want to try this one.

OK, so what's the speed of dark?

You are going to laugh at me but I have actually thought about this before I ever read it. What is wrong with me?

Think about these next three very closely.

How do you tell when you're out of invisible ink?

Support bacteria - they're the only culture some people have.

If Barbie is so popular, why do you have to buy her friends?

The intersection where humor meets logical has to b a very funny place indeed.

I was in a job interview and I opened a book and started reading. Then I said
to the guy, "Let me ask you a question. If you are in a spaceship that is
traveling at the speed of light, and you turn on the headlights, does anything
happen?" He said, "I don't know." I said, "I don't want your job."


I have been in many job interviews where I wanted to be the one asking the questions. I do not think I would have been this clever.

If you want to read more Steven Wright quotes go to  http://www.weather.net/zarg/ZarPages/stevenWright.html



        The Red River Girls backing up Genevive Romanas last night. Cally on drums,,,Sienna on piano.



One last Steven Wright quote just for me

Boycott shampoo! Demand the REAL poo!

Love ya,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment