Monday, February 21, 2011

The Royal Wedding!! My Invitation Is In The Mail!

I am so excited!!! The Royal Wedding Invitations have been posted. Mine should arrive shortly. I have been making plans since Kate phoned me with the news months ago. This is an event I would not miss.

I will arrive in London about 2 weeks prior the the wedding. My friend Cally and I will go gown shopping and prepare ourselves for what will be the event of our lives.

I want to take this opportunity to do some Royal Wedding education for all of you who will be stuck watching this event on television.

Royal Wedding fasts:


Queen Victoria popularized the 'White Wedding Gown' at her 1840 wedding to Prince Albert. Prior to that brides wore colorful dresses and some even black gowns.




Queen Elizabeth II met her future husband Lieutenant Phillip Mountbatten, later named The Duke of Edinburgh, in 1934 when she was 13 years old. They were married in 1947.


When Lady Diana Spencer married Prince Charles in 1981; the wedding day was declared a holiday and 2 million people crowded the parade route.


I have been ready for this my entire life. Finally my time spent studying my Cotillion lessons are going to pay off. I am sure Cally and I will find just the right gowns for the ceremony. And, of course, other outfits appropriate for the many parties and events surrounding the wedding itself. Makeup and hair will be done professionally.

I have booked rooms at The Montague on the Gardens, a lovely boutique hotel. We will dine out each night and enjoy London to its fullest.



I wish you all could join us but you must realize that only the privilege few will be able to view this historic event first hand.

Cally and I will put the POSH back in London!!!

TaTa,,
Lady Night Nicholls

PS....OK! You all do know that I am a fiction writer right? Or am I? HMMM!

No comments:

Post a Comment