Saturday, February 12, 2011

OMG!!! Profilus Interruptus!! Or Something Spelled Like That!!

I have over estimated the trove of available quality quotes and usable material in Second Life profiles. I will, of course, continue my search of every Second Life profile I come across. But for now;;;What to do? What to do?

As you probably already guessed ; I Have A Plan!!!  I am expanding out my Profile Perving to other virtual worlds, Facebook and of course I will be looking into those hidden and invisible profiles that everyone has tucked away in their real lives. OOOOOOOOO!! I am all wet with excitement!!

I picked this quote up on a short trip into Inworldz this morning. I like exploring!!

“We are shaped by our thoughts; we become what we think. When the mind is pure, joy follows like a shadow that never leaves.”
~~Buddha

During my life I have day dreamed a lot. Especially when I was going through the bad times. So, what is a day dream? The dictionaries are full of all sorts of explanations to answer that question.

I like this one:

~~a visionary creation of the imagination experienced while awake
especially :  a gratifying reverie(to speak wildly in the abstract) usually of wish fulfillment


In other words; thinking, while you are awake, about something you want to accomplish or maybe something you want to gain.  So, if as Buddha said, "We are shaped by our thoughts, ect.", then we may well be the result of some of our day dreams.

Think about the day dreams you have had over your lifetime. The first thing that comes to my mind is that I do not remember many of them. The second thing is that I do not remember many that involved bad or hurtful thoughts.

When my father passed away; I was 18 years old and very much alone in the world. Cut off from any real family support or guidance. I clearly remember sitting on a park bench for a very long time, after my father's funeral, day dreaming madly about what was to become of me. Constantly using these thoughts to work out different scenarios for my future. At that time everything looked bleak and my day dreams certainly reflected that fact. I also clearly remember using this day dreaming thoughtful state to set out a plan for myself.

On that day, while day dreaming on that bench, I set down a plan to make a life for myself. Most of what I day dreamed that day has come true for me. Maybe that is where my attraction to Buddhist Philosophy started; I am not sure.

I have met people, over the years, that have not spent time thinking about anything useful to their lives. Their day dreams consist of thoughts that add up to; 'How do I get through this day?'. What they need to be thinking about is 'How do I get through this Life?'.

I try not to over think ideas as I believe that first impressions of your ideas are probably the correct ones. Over thinking probably muddies the waters and makes clear thought difficult. This does not mean that you do not look at all the possibilities. I usually follow a thought down a path until I hit a road block; then back up to where that thought made sense and take a different turn on that thought process' path. I do this until I reach an outcome that I desire or the path ends requiring a new thought process to begin. It is done one thought at a time. One process at a time. Confusion is minimal and thought can be much clearer.

All you need is a fairly quiet place to accomplish this process. I have two favorite places; the beach outside my house early in the morning around sunrise and during an early morning horseback ride. But anyplace works. I actually used this method at a restaurant, in Times Square; and had a successful conclusion to my problem.

The best resource comes from within ourselves. Yes, Buddha taught me that.

Love ya,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment