Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Intelligence!! It Loves Me~~~It Loves Me Not!!

Intelligence is a quality we all desire but many of us squander what God has given us on trivial pursuits. Some of the most intelligent people on the planet are spending their days playing video games or engaging in other minor pursuits.


But for today; some the most intelligent and talented people are talking about intelligence and making me laugh.  I so need a good laugh. I have left links to some of these people so you can check them out further.


Put your hand on a hot stove for a minute, and it seems like an hour. Sit with a pretty girl for an hour, and it seems like a minute. THAT'S relativity.
~~ Albert Einstein

When an intelligent person, especially one I so admire, can display the humorous side of their personality,,Now That Is Sexy!!!


Why don't they pass a constitutional amendment prohibiting anybody from learning anything? If it works as well as prohibition did, in five years Americans would be the smartest race of people on Earth.
~~ Will Rogers

Think about this one!! It has a little bit of everything contained within it,,,a knock at the American political system, clearly an insight into stupid law passage and a view of the American psyche; Tell us what to do and we sure as hell are going to thumb our collective noses at you and do the exact opposite. 

Pol Pot - he rounded up anybody he thought was intellectual and had them executed. And how he told someone was intellectual or not was whether they wore glasses. If they're that clever, take them off when they see him coming!
~~ Ricky Gervais

HMMM!! Have you ever wondered about intelligent people and their grasp of common sense. Wonder no more!!
Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.
~~ Mark Twain

This is one of my favorites. It is simple, concise and so very true. As I age, gracefully lol, I seem to be thinking this very thought a lot.

Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.
~~ Unknown

This explains the relationship between scientists and economists and the supermarket tabloids.
An intellectual is someone who has found something more interesting than sex.
~~ Edgar Wallace

I find myself out of the intellectual community here because there is nothing more interesting than sex. Sex covers the entire gamut of human emotion and human emotion is a science of interest all on its own.
Military intelligence is a contradiction in terms.
~~ Groucho Marx

An old standard. I always wondered who coined it.
Intellectuals solve problems; geniuses prevent them.
~~ Albert Einstein

My buddy Al is back, lol. Nothing holds more truth than this quote.
Skill is successfully walking a tightrope over Niagara Falls. Intelligence is not trying.
~~ Anonymous

Here is a life lesson we all should grab and hold close.

This week I will be displaying my collection of funny quotes about different aspects of life. I heard Jeff Foxworthy, that great Southern Philosopher, say that there is an aspect of truth in all humor. So this week let us allow life to write some humor for us.

Because there is nothing funnier than a human being being well a human being.

Night

No comments:

Post a Comment