Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sundays Brings A New Idea!!

I have decided to use my Sunday blog to introduce you to my writing. I am going to put a chapter a week into the blog for you to read and comment on. This book is a sequel to my first book, 'Nights Dark Dance'.  It is not under contract to any publisher, at this time, so I can let yo all give it a read. The 10 people or so who bought my first book , LOL, will recognize that title. The chapters will be in draft form and not final form. That I will leave to an editor when the time comes. I used an Arial Font as I believe it is fairly clear to read.

Please feel free to comment and even make suggestions. I may even let my readers guide the plot to some extent.

Nights Dance To Day
Chapter 1
 
Damned heat!

Sweat pouring off his body like small rivers. Confusion and his head is spinning around like a top.

Damned heat!! Where is it coming from?

"I have to wake up". Have to turn off the heat."

It's still dark. His eyes slowly adjusting to the darkness. His head clearing a little. Around him is the clutter of his small rented room. Clothes strewn around the floor, chairs covered in old newspapers, unopened letters on the small dirty bedside table and empty beer bottles everywhere. Staggering through the clutter to the window he sees nothing but darkness and snow blowing past his windows.

Damned Heat!

The night sweats had returned 2 days ago. The same day he received the letter from his brother in New York. The letter sits on the bedside table unopened.

"How can I be sweating? The room is cold. Hell, the world is cold"

He pulls another beer out of the cooler; no refrigerator in this mansion. "It's 3am and I am grabbing another beer. How many is that? 10? 20? It doesn't matter."

He picks up the unopened letter, empties his chair of newspapers, and sits down. His brother never sends him anything unless it's important. They do not even talk anymore. The occasional ' Hello" at Christmas or maybe a birthday. Somehow family didn't seem to matter anymore. He came here, to this desolate place, to drink and forget. "Forget! God I wish I could forget"

He lost her two years ago. They were so happy living the dream together. Then his need to be back in the action and his enormous ego destroyed that happy life. She paid the price for his stupid need to know more about everything. Now he was alone. Living this drunken self pity existence.

"Now this letter! I have to open it. I have deal with it."

Slowly he puts the letter back on the bedside table and drains his beer bottle. Staggering back to bed.

"Damned Heat"


Have at it Kiddies,,
Night

 

No comments:

Post a Comment