Thursday, December 23, 2010

Christmas!! Charging Us Like A Wild Bull!!

Yes kiddies Christmas is only two days away.  The holiday of joy!! The Christmas Spirit!! The pseudo Birthday of Jesus Christ!!  Santa Clause!! Gift buying!! Traffic!! Crowds!! Over eating!! Over indulging in everything!!

OHHHH!! The Love For Our Fellow Man, or Woman, or Furrie or Whatever

And that brings me to today's profile gem. Discovered while perving just a day ago.

"Lord, grant me the serenity to accept the things I can not change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to hide the bodies of those I had to kill because they pissed me off."

So this morning, with this statement in mind, I ventured out to do a little last minute shopping. AT 6AM!! Because I was assured, by all those newspaper advertisements, that what I wanted to buy would be waiting at the door of the store for me ready to jump into my cart.

WELL 2 HOURS LATER AND A LOT OF PATIENCE WASTED,,I arrived home with little to show for my effort except a disdain for EARLY MORNING SHOPPERS.

Oh the joy of shopping online!! The happiness of some guy, in brown funky shorts, delivering my purchases after he had to drive through the crowds of EARLY MORNING SHOPPERS. Watching him crawl out of a packed truck, hair all askew, staggering to my door carrying those easily bought online gifts; is what Christmas is all about.

You can even have the gifts sent already wrapped in pretty Christmas paper. Oh Joy!! Oh Joy!!

Boxes opened, gifts tucked under the tree in just minutes; I can now return to my spiked eggnog and relax by the fire. Laughing at all those EARLY MORNING SHOPPERS, who will be wandering out on Christmas Eve looking for that very special gift. You know kiddies;;;the one that should have been purchased a month ago, that should have had a lot of thought put into its purchase OR the gift that was bought at the last minute, without thought, because OH MY GOD I NEED TO GET SOMETHING FOR AUNT HARRIET.

Whew!! Now that's off my chest, lol. I will return you to your normally calm Night.

Feliz Navidad, Yo'all!!

Night

No comments:

Post a Comment