Thursday, September 5, 2013

Living Alone~~Fun, Freedom And Naked Dinners

When I first found myself living alone I was sad and distraught. After all I had just come from a house full of kids and a hectic life.

The first thing I noticed was the quiet. Oh glorious quiet!!

Of course there are pros and cons to quiet. On one hand I could concentrate on writing when ever the writing mood struck me. On the other hand my mind tended to wander and grabbing onto one story seemed to escape me.

Being retired added to my isolation but the advantages of single living quickly became apparent.

Not having to dress decently for meals was a plus. I could wander the house in any form of dress or undress that I desired. I better throw in a warning here for all of you that are thinking about the living alone lifestyle.

Do Not Fry Food Naked!!

The possible injuries are hard to explain in the emergency room and chances of dating any nurse becomes a slim prospect. Nurse do talk to each other, lol.

While I find showers and shaving a daily necessity; they are not mandatory. There is no one there to get a whiff of your scent and your pet does not care what you smell like.

Interaction with your neighbors can be as limited or as active as you wish. I tend to avoid my neighbors because they tend to ask to many questions. The down side to this avoidance is that rumors of you being gay, a serial killer or a recluse millionaire run rampant throughout the neighborhood. The upside is that once the rumors start people tend to cross the street when they see you coming which makes my walks much more relaxing.

I will not discuss 'fart freedom' as this fact should be evident, lol. All I will say is have some air freshener handy to make life livable.

Living alone has great advantages; the freedom to do what you want when you want, the more important freedom to do nothing at all and a total lack of any 'honey do' lists add to my happiness in this lifestyle.

I will say that there are times of loneliness but they can be overcome by visits from the horny wife of my neighbor while he is away on business. LOL! I am joking. She is horny but does not visit. Damn It!

Finally I have found pleasure in simple things. A morning meditation in the butterfly garden, the sound of the neighbor kids playing in their swimming pool, a phone call from my children and the morning game of tag played by the squirrels in the backyard trees are particularly satisfying.

There are times I miss the old days but then I snap back to my senses and realize that I have been given a gift and I cherish it.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment