Saturday, March 24, 2012

How Many Hours Are There In God's Day?

How Many Hours Are There In God's Day? When I was young and being systematically brain washed by the Catholic Church this question would have been so trivial it would have never even entered my mind. But many years later and after finding my own way to God this simple question is the basis for being able to reconcile the Religion versus Science controversy.


Religion versus Science ~~Creationism versus Evolution~~ is again in the fore front of the news. Especially with the State of Tennessee trying to legislate us back to the Dark Ages.

The idea that God created man and all that surrounds us is, in my mind, a given. I can not look at the complexity of human beings and think this all happened by chance. I can also not deny scientific evidence of the changes in humans over time.

If Creationism was the only way then how do I reconcile the evidence of Evolutionary change. One way is to stick my head in the sand and deny the change. That is the 'creationists' way but hiding from evidence is not my way.

I could join the creationists in believing every word of the bible but I have problems believing in any book written by man and based on oral history so many generations removed from the days of its happening.

If I was to believe the bible verbatim then I would need to accept that early peoples lived to be 900 years old and had hundreds of children. That is a premise that is a bit hard to swallow. But it does bring into question the concept of 'time frames' and how early peoples perceived time.

Hence my all important question. How many hours are there in God's day?

Creationists would have us believe that in God's 24 hour day and over 7 days HE created all that we see or will ever see. I would postulate that God being God has created everything HE will see or ever see. Not what we will see or ever see.

The hours in God's day are innumerable. God has no calender. No watch. HE is God and time is an unnecessary element for God. Only man needs to quantify life with a length.

'Evolutionary Creationism' is more of what I believe God put into place. He created us as model 1.0 and then devised evolution to allow us to improve over time. A living, breathing and self improving creation allowed to upgrade itself at a pace set by its needs and surroundings.

The beauty of God's creations is that HE allows them to evolve in a free manner. If God had just decided to create us then we would all be stamped out exactly the same mold and would act accordingly. But we are not the same and we certainly act as individuals.

Stamping all things, from the same molds, would have been an easy task for God. But God does not need easy. If I were God I would want to see my creations grow, learn and adapt. We are interactive toys in Gods world not stand in one place 'barbie dolls' waiting for someone to move us.

We move, we learn and we evolve over time. Evolving is what makes us Gods wonderful creations. God created is to evolve.

In my mind there is no real argument between Religion and Science except that which we create ourselves. I believe that a conversation, rooted in fact and not fiction, will bare fruit toward reconciling this 'man made' argument.

A man has no reason to be ashamed of having an ape for his grandfather. If there were an ancestor whom I should feel shame in recalling it would rather be a man—a man of restless and versatile intellect—who…plunges into scientific questions with which he has no real acquaintance, only to obscure them by an aimless rhetoric, and distract the attention of his hearers from the real point at issue by eloquent digressions and skilled appeals to religious prejudice.~~Thomas Henry Huxley

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment