Thursday, February 23, 2012

Restless Delusions!!

Walking along a grassy path after the road had run out I find myself wandering between two rows of trees. I am sure that they are fruit trees but I can not recognize them or the fruit that is hanging ripe from their branches. I am further confused because the fruit seems bountiful but the trees have no leaves.

I am walking with someone. No idea who. They are talking to me and I am answering but I seem to not understand what they are saying or what I am replying. They seem to understand the conversation perfectly.

Every so often we come upon a different kind of tree mixed into the rows of trees at haphazard positions. In the branches of these new trees are no fruit but lying or growing in their branches are mushroom caps. Mushroom caps that are inverted with their concave side facing upward. No mushroom stem is visible.

What I do see is small birds, of indiscriminate type, nesting within the mushroom caps. These birds are flying in and out of their nests feeding their young.

I hear someone, not my companion, telling me that these mushroom caps are valuable and that I should collect them. I am also told to be careful because these small delicate birds would attack me when I try to retrieve the mushroom caps.

I slowly start to climb one of these trees and start to reach for a mushroom. One of the birds sees me and transforms into a giant bird with frightening beak and talons.

Just as it begins to attack; I wake up.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~



It seems that with age I dream less frequently. Now my dreams come to me on nights when I am restless and worried about something. Or, as in the past month, when I am loaded with medication from my illness.

Last night I was neither restless, worried or medicated. That is why this dream is so surprising. I have not the slightest idea how to interpret this dream. Am I in search  of something? Who is my companion? Why can I not understand the conversation? Who is telling me about the value of the mushrooms? Why are the birds represented as they are?

I am sure a psychiatrist/psychologist would have a field day with an interpretation here. Personally I do not get upset when I have a dream of this nature as with some rational thought I can get a grasp on the cause and work out a course correction.

I have always believed that dreams are our subconscious telling us that there is a situation that needs our attention. Honestly I am at a loss with this dream.

I am at a point in my life where I am quite happy, in a very good relationship, writing better than ever and drawing closer to my family.

So why a dream that is so vivid and realistic?

I found a site that gives meanings/interpretations to key things found in our dreams. I am not sure that I agree with what is laid out at the site but lets look at them.

Trees - To see bare trees in your dream indicate used up energy. You have put your all into some relationship or project and now you are exhausted. Perhaps you are even feeling depressed. Alternatively, the dream signifies the cycle of life or the passage of time.

Mushrooms - To see mushrooms in your dream signify unhealthy pleasures and unwise decisions in your waking life. Things that come too quickly have a tendency to disappear just as quick. Learn to appreciate the things you have.

Birds - To see a bird nest in your dream symbolizes independence, refuge and security. You need something to fall back on. Alternatively, it may signify a prosperous endeavor, new opportunities, and fortune.

Talking - To dream that you are talking does not have any significance unless it is unusual or bizarre. What are you saying specifically. Consider also if what you say evoke strong feelings or behavioral reactions. The dream may simply be highlighting your need improve your communication skills or learn to express yourself more clearly.

Grass - To see green grass in your dream suggests that there is a part of yourself that you can always rely on. The dream is also symbolic of natural protection. Also consider the phrase "the grass is always greener on the other side." Do you always compare yourself with others and look at what other people have?

You have to know who you are talking to to get an interpretation of what they mean to the dream. My companion was indescribable.

So if we were to use the above interpretations as a guide my dream may have meant that I am tired, unhealthy, looking for a fall back, in need of improved communication and a loner who is in need of
finding ways to validate my life.

HMMMM!!

Lets see; I am tired and unhealthy as I am just now getting over bouts of bronchitis and pneumonia. I am looking for alternate income sources to supplement my retirement. I am, at times, a lousy verbal communicator which is why I use my writing to communicate for me. And finally I am a loner and validating my life seems to be a driving force for me.

Welcome to my world kiddies, lol. I am not sure that I believe my dream interpretation and I am sure it could be interpreted in a million different ways. It was fun to take a stab at trying to understand what I dreamed.

Or it could have been caused by the wonderful but very spicy Indian food I had for lunch yesterday.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment