Tuesday, May 3, 2011

To Strip~~Or Not To Strip?

I have always had a soft spot in my heart for strippers/dancers. Going into a club to work is not an easy decision. Especially if you are young, alone and broke. That is why I did it!! Eighteen years old, alone in the world and living on the streets. You will think that I am lying when I tell you this but I am a better person, a better woman, for having done it. NO! I am not advocating that every young girl run out and hit the poles so they can have a Life Learning Experience. I would hope none will ever have to do it. I wish I was never put into a position to be that desperate. But life is not always fair and when you come right down to it our need to survive is stronger than anyone can imagine.


There are many reasons women decide to become a stripper/dancers. Financial is probably the most common. Then there are those that are forced into it by boyfriends, girlfriends(yes I said girlfriends) or organizations. There is a myriad of other reasons. Then there is that small group that actually likes it and does it because they love the feeling of POWER it gives them over people. Oh yes there is a feeling of power. I felt it every night. People paying to look at you, occasionally getting a fleeting brush against your skin and thinking that they are in control. In reality; it is the stripper/dancer who is in control. Selling a product, herself, to people that fall in love with the image being portrayed on stage. Thinking that they have a CHANCE with this beautiful young woman. And while they fantasize about there chance; you are emptying their wallets.

This is a game that I learned to play very well for two years of my life. Using the money to support myself and attend college at the same time. I learned a lot about people working those clubs. A stripper/dancer is someones fantasy girlfriend, sounding board for people's marriage problems, teacher to new girls in the trade and a bar stool psychologist. Yes you can learn about life.


There is a good article about How to Become A stripper located at http://www.wikihow.com/Become-a-Stripper  

The keys here are two, as far as I am concerned. 1. The choice to strip/dance is yours and yours alone. Other people do not live in or know your situation and they are in no position to give you advice. Base your decision on your or your families needs not on what others think of you. Because, in the end, you have to be able to live with your decision and not be ashamed. Do I wish I never had to do it? Of course I do. Am I ashamed or do I regret my choice? Not even for one second.

2. Once you decide to become a stripper/dancer; prepare your product so it sells itself. What is your product? YOUR BODY! Eat well, exercise and try to stay away from alcohol and smoking. Get yourself into as good of shape as you can. A six or eight hour night on stage is as grueling as playing a football game. You need to be prepared for that level of exertion. You can not be a dancer standing still. Believe me when you learn to move your product around; YOU WILL MAKE MONEY.


Approach this as a job; not a career. There is nothing more unappealing as a 45 year old dancer in a club full of 20 year olds. What I am saying is that if you decide to dance; make sure you are preparing a backup plan that gives you a future.

LOL! There you go! One more thing you learned about Lana but were afraid to ask. Submit questions and inquires to me here at the blog. You will get some kind of an answer. AND NO I WILL NOT  SEND YOU PICTURES OF ME ON A POLE! LOL!

Love ya,
Night

No comments:

Post a Comment