Tuesday, January 7, 2014

A Day Of Disinterest And Boredom

"There's no excuse to be bored. Sad, yes. Angry, yes. Depressed, yes. Crazy, yes. But there's no excuse for boredom, ever", Viggo Mortensen.

It's obvious that Viggo Mortensen has not seen the news being presented these days. I take much of my inspiration from the news but it always seems the same; bitching about the Affordable Care Act, defending the Affordable Care Act and the cold weather which I do not want to think about.


The only story I found interesting today is about how legal cannabis dealers in Colorado are running out of product because of the demand. But even that holds but a passing interest.

I need a challenge. Since my health has improved I have been antsy to get back to work. Don't get me wrong, retirement is wonderful but financially I can not really enjoy it and truthfully I miss the grind of work. I have been volunteering at a soup kitchen but I find it so boring. Yes it's rewarding and I enjoy it but there is no challenge there.

Writing is my outlet for channelling my boredom but lately my disinterest in what usually inspires me has been overwhelming.

Most likely my solitary living is finally starting to get to me. I have lived so many years with a house full of kids that this silence is deafening. It's a bit funny but I even miss being yelled at for being messy. My cat does not give a damn if I leave my socks on the floor; he thinks they are a play opportunity.

If I had a therapist they would say,"Hmmm he sounds suicidal". But I'm not. Believe me I love myself way to much for any of that nonsense. Boredom does not take away ego and my EGO is Big.

So I have decided to move away from searching the news and turn to original work. Tomorrow the last chapter of my short story, 'Ferry Road', will be posted.

The next day I will begin a new short story based on Second Life. It will be taken from my Second Life experiences but will not be about me. A totally fictitious story of loneliness, vulnerability, love and pain. Something many people will be able to relate.

Damn I feel better already, lol.

Randy

No comments:

Post a Comment