Saturday, August 6, 2011

It Started With 'Lana Lets Go Out For a Drink' And Ended With My Avatar Drunk On Roller Skates!!

I got up at 3 am yesterday and after a cup of coffee I jumped in front of my computer and started dictating changes in one of my projects. By 10 am I had finished the changes, added about 20 new pages, had completed short meetings with my agent and editor, given marching orders to my assistant and worked with my travel agent on my itinerary for the research trip to Europe that is scheduled for this October.

A full morning indeed.

I had an early lunch and was relaxing on the back porch when my girl friend called and to tell me she was off early and did I wan to go for a drink. I was ready in minutes,lol.

We have a restaurant with a deck that over looked the ocean just a few minutes from the house. I love this place; the deck has a fantastic view and AFTERNOON MOJITOS are one of my favorite things to do.

The Mojito!!! The word rolls off my tongue with such a passionate sound. A cool island of refreshment on a very hot day.



In the hands of a talented bar attendant; a thing of beauty indeed. She used her delicate little hands to mix;

Powdered Sugar
Lime Juice
Mint Leaves
Sprig Of Mint 

White Rum
Club Soda


And because I am Freaking Cute; the pulp of a Lime because she knows I LOVE THAT!!

Of course we bought our Mojitos by the pitcher. A time saving device, the pitcher, for four girls out on a hot day.

So the stage was set!! An afternoon of drinks and snacks. Later walks in the beach and other things at home. USE YOUR IMAGINATION YOU PERV!!

Chloe, that's my amazing girl friend, headed home about 9 hours after our day together started out, I was left lying in bed, smiling, tired and more than a little buzzed. A happy girl!!

When I woke up I realized that I had missed an appointment in Second Life and also had promised to attend my Second Life Roller Derby practice.

Off to the computer,,struggled my avatar into a practice uniform and arrived late to practice only to find out that we were having a scrimmage. To say the least,,,I SUCKED LAST NIGHT ON SKATES!! Some advice to my teammates; if you can not keep your eyes open to see the track,,you can not block the Jammer. Believe me,,,I was having lots of trouble seeing the track and the Jammer was so fast that I am sure she had a rocket up her ass. I swear I saw a vapor trail as she went by.

The moral of the story, and my stories rarely have morals, is that in any life Real or Virtual, STAY THE F$$K OFF ROLLER SKATES!!

Love ya,
Night

PS...Sorry Mallory.

No comments:

Post a Comment